Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Portfolio Writing

Looking back at my writing over the past year has really opened up my eyes of how much I have learned this year in English. Seeing my writing from the beginning of the year, I realize many little things that I had missed, or how many comma splices I may have had! With the year almost over, I feel I have almost accomplished all of my goals for the year.
After looking at comments from Dr. deGravelles and my peers, I have reminisced in past papers, and remembered how much fun it was to write some of them (even though I may not have thought that at the time). I have also decided that I will look over my first writing piece, my Literacy Narrative, because I like the feeling of writing in first person, with my own experiences. Writing about my personal experiences from english will help in the future when I end up writing more personal experiences. I would like to focus my revising on 3 main things. First, I will attempt to bring the audience with me when writing this. I noticed a lot when we were writing drafts that Dr. deGravelles always made that an important factor for this kind of writing. I see now why she said that so much, since it will help my audience to see what I was going through in this event. Next, I would like to work on my sentence fluency, because after re-reading this paper, I have many awkwardly worded, or cut off sentences that need much more life to them, instead of just "I had to write this paper and I can't think of anything else to write". Lastly, I would like to work on my wording throughout the paper, since I know that I can use better words than some I had used. I felt like an immature writer when using some of the same words I did in 6th grade in my new writing.
I hope that I will immensely improve this paper, because it was by far my favorite of my papers, and also helped me through my journey as an english student this year.

2 comments:

  1. I truly enjoyed reading this. I feel as if you have really grown as a writer this year! I'm proud of how well you are at being able to acknowledge what you will plan to do in your revision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, Isabella. I look forward to reading your revision and learning more about your growth as a writer this year.

    ReplyDelete