Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Nervous Conditions-Chapter 8

This chapter really got me a little confused, and also more glued into my book. First, I'm wondering what Maiguru is going to with Babamukuru and Nyasha, because I know that she was about to go way crazier than she actually was. I think it's good that she left the house for like 5 or 6 days because she really needed to cool down after holding all that tension in from the family over the last few months. I don't think its healthy that she holds things in, but it's also very risky to go and talk to Babamukuru about it, because she knows that no matter what he will always come out on top over her, and treat her lower.
Tambu hasn't caused all this tension throughout the house, but also isn't just a witness. We just never knew how much drama was in Babamukuru's family until we go and witness it ourselves. I guess that this tension has always been there, but it does seem like since Tambu has shown up, that it's gotten much worse. I do think there is still hope for Babamukuru too, since he is letting Lucia go to school at the mission. He is presently taking like 3 steps forward, when earlier he took 5 steps back. I am afraid that something will happen since this good thing has happened now. I know that Babamukuru is a good person, but he needs to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment