Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Free Post

This weekend was our 3rd cross country meet! It was in Robert, Louisiana for  St. Pauls. Compared to Highland Road Park meets, it was pretty small with only about 29 teams I think. I love meets that are out of town because the team gets to take a bus ride to wherever it is, and it just seems like everyone kind of bonds during the time; 20-30 girls talking, laughing, and just having fun all while our hairs blowing in the wind from all the windows down. The only bad thing about the meets and the bus rides is the heat! It gets extremely hotter as the day progresses from 7 in the morning, when its only about 60 degrees, to noon when its probably hotter than 90 degrees.
Along with all the heat, everyones tummies are flustered with butterflies as we wait for our race. Luckily, the varsity girls was first and we got to run as soon as we got there instead of waiting until the sun came up high and got hot.
All the girls line up on the line as we wait for the official gun to go off to start the race. Everyone is saying their cheers for each team, and all the teams are saying their last wishes and prayers following with their cheers of "GOO KNIGHTS!". I get my running stance as I listen for the shot and take my starting pace. The adrenaline kicks in as if I feel like I could just sprint the entire race, until I reassure myself that I have 3 miles and have to pace myself. The feelings that I have at a meet are a range of emotions. Anger, sadness, happiness, and relief. You can never tell which one though, because it feels like all of them put together.


My Time for Literacy Narrative this Week:
Monday- 1 hour
Tuesday- 15 minutes
Wednesday- 0 minutes
Thursday- 30 minutes
Friday- 0 minutes
Saturday- 0 minutes
Sunday- 1 hour

1 comment:

  1. Remember when I used to run crosscountry....that was a really sad time. Im glad that you enjoy cross country!!

    ReplyDelete