Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hard Love

The book that I have just started reading is called Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger. The story so far is about a boy named John who loves to make zines and read zines. He has a particular favorite zine called Escape Velocity. He loved reading them so much, and couldn't wait for the next copy. He went to a store where the newest zine was being released by the author, delighted to find her there at the bookstore. 
The story seems like its a very gloomy/depressing story. This John boy has a very tough life, with his parents being divorced and him and his dad barely talking (even though he sees his dad every weekend). The story is supposed to be about first love, but I guess since I'm not that far into it, it hasn't really started to happen. Right now, I'm not very interested in the book, but from the summary on the back of the book it seems like it would be a book that I love. This might just be one of those books that you have to suffer through in certain parts, and then get to the good parts. I hope so, because I can't really figure out what to read next.

My reading for this week:
Monday: 30 minutes
Tuesday: 20 minutes
Wednesday: 15 minutes
Thursday: 35 minutes
Friday: 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment