Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lord of The Flies

By now in lord of the Flies, we are getting a good characterization on these boys. Ralph is leading the group, with Jack sort of side kicking him. Piggy is as always being excluded, but still tries to include himself. Simon is just looked down upon, literally (because he is really short). My focus so far has been the relationships between everyone. This happens in a lot of stories though, or even in real life; everyone gets along with one another except for one or two boys. In this case, its mainly Piggy. 
In the course of the chapters, my opinion on these boys have changed a lot. In the beginning, I used to feel bad for Piggy, but now I understand why these guys don't like him. He is a very whiny, high-maintenance boy who needs to be shot with reality. I also used to like Jack, because at first he respected that Ralph was overall leader. Now I think he is slowly going to take over. And Simon, I thought he would be one of the big boys, but it seems like he is almost as excluded as Piggy.
I can't wait to read more and figure out more about the "monster" and other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment