Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Over the weekend, I have read the amazing book called Perks of Being a Wallflower. This book was different to me because of a few things. First, because I usually don't read books fast, and this one I read in just 1 day! Second, because I'm not a very big reader, and I could never force myself to put the book down. And lastly, I feel it has changed me as a reader. This book is not like the typical book you see, because usually books aren't very realistic and consist of either a new girl that comes to a town and becomes so popular and has the best boyfriend, or some really sappy love story (don't get me wrong I love some of those books, but this book was nothing like that). Most books are very predictable and easy to spot, while this was the exact opposite.
This book consists of a boy named Charlie, who is a very awkward person, who just recently lost his only real friend (due to suicide), and is starting his new high school. He is quite intelligent for his age, and really knows how to write. I look at Charlie as very dynamic character throughout the book, after meeting his two senior friends Sam and Patrick, learning so much about himself and about life in general. If you read this book, you will never be bored. It was always keep your jaw dropping with surprises, to eyes full of tears in the gushy heartfelt moments between characters. I will always read books differently now due to this book. I also hope to be reading more of Chbosky's books soon!

Reading Times:
Saturday- 150 minutes
Sunday-  63 minutes

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you had that experience with this book. I've read books in one day too and you can only do it if it's a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete