Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Research Topic

My topic for my research paper is how the Acadians came all the way from Acadia, which is now present day Nova Scotia, to south Louisiana in places like Martinsville, Thibodeaux, and some other cities too. I guess the main reason why I chose this topic is because I find very interesting to see heritage of Louisiana, and also to see if I have Acadian in me. I like to see where people came from, like where their great great great-grandparents were from, or even to see what they looked like back then! My aunt Veni does stuff like that; goes as far back as she can to find family trees from our family. The first time I saw it, I thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen! I also love the cajun food that we have now, like gumbo, jambalaya, etouffee, boudin, and even stuff like crawfish. Things like this are very well known in Louisiana, and without the Acadians coming here, we would have never had any of these amazing things in our lives today!
My research topic for my paper explains the Acadian migration to Louisiana and how it has affected modern day Louisiana's. The reason why I chose this topic is to help inform people more of the Acadian heritage that we all may have in ourselves. It sparked my imagination from a young age of where our ancestors may have came from, or if we resemble them in any sort of way. I find it interesting to see where peoples family trees have gone in the world, and how they have evolved over the centuries. Acadians have grown all over Louisiana, from cities south like Martinsville, to places north  like Shreveport. We have so much cajun around us that we might not even notice. Everyday we may have at least 2 or 3 showings of it in our lives. We eat, live, and speak Acadian culture. We eat many cajun foods like boudin, jambalaya, etouffee, beignets, and more. We have a cite to show the migration of Acadians, called Longfellow Evangeline state park, which is only a short distance away from Baton Rouge. Without the Acadians being driven out of Acadiana (present day Nova Scotia), we would not be known for so many things in Louisiana!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome topic! I remember when we learned about the Acadians two years ago in 7th grade. I was always interested in that too, I think it's so cool how they came all the way over here without all the technology we have now. Must of taken a while

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your outline today and your topic is really interesting. I like the "If I have any Acadian in me" because I think that if you make your research topic as personal as possible your interest will reflect from the paper. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete