Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Reading

The books I read this semester are In Defense of Food, Nation, LOTF, Hard Love, The Escape, Hills like White Elephants, 5 People You Meet in Heaven, and Listening is an Act of Love in order from hardest to easiest. I wish I had more time to read more, but I am glad I read this list of books. I think if I hadn't read some of these books, I wouldn't have looked at reading the way I do now.
I know that just from reading summer reading, I have learned a lot as a reader. I learned how to keep track of the story better, that you have to think deep and in between the lines of the writing (not just think exactly what it says), and read more passionately. But, along the way, I also have noticed that I do have some strengths and weaknesses with it. I might be good at comprehending what the book says, but have a harder time understanding what the book might be trying to say in between the lines. I also love reading books, but I don't like annotating as much. I know it is good for you, and helps you understand better, but I just believe that it takes too much time to do.
Next semester, I hope to read more books than this semester, because I know I can. I think just the adjustment with high school, and all the homework overwhelmed me at first, and I wasn't as prepared as I thought I would be. Now that I know what its like, I will try to be as good a student as I can.


Reading times and working times:
Sunday- 30 minutes
Monday- 35 minutes
Tuesday- 20 minutes
Wednesday- 20 minutes
Thursday- 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment