Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Acadian Settlement

So far in my paper, I have figured out a lot of new details about my research topic (how acadian settlement has shaped the ways of Louisiana life today) that I had never known before. I know that we are still barely into the research yet, but I am very excited to find out more about heritage of my life today!
Even though I have found many sources, I am still having trouble to get new information, because a lot of the sources say the same thing! They have all been very repetitive, but I know that if I keep looking I will be able to find new sources that will help me even more.
I do have a few concerns about my paper. If I have found a source that if from the library, will I be able to use it in my paper, or do I have to use all my information from online sources? I understand that in Norton it said we could, but after Dr. deGravelles explained how not always paper sources were good, I wasn't sure if I should use it or not. Also, I am worried that I won't notice how fast the due dates come, so should we start writing the paper now, or maybe next week? I am a very bad procrastinator, and have trouble with that sometimes (writing the entire paper the night before its due), so I am trying to plan this out so I won't be hit with panic right before it's due.
Overall, the experience so far in the project is going extremely well, and will hopefully get even better as time goes by!

1 comment:

  1. Isabella, I am glad you are thinking about due dates! I don't think you need to be writing yet, but you should be nearing the completion of your annotated bib and working on taking notes on your most promising sources. You can and should use sources from the library! Just make sure you are evaluating them, too. For your particular topic, paper/book sources will likely be very valuable.

    ReplyDelete