Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Wait

Peaceful waves on warm sand,
like colors pushing back and forth on one another.
Beach towels, Bubba kegs, and bass turned up high.
For our nights were never dull,
but filled with friends, food, and fun.
I enjoy looking back as people plead,
"Summer, please come back for me!"

The three techniques I used for this poem were:
Image- I used the waves on warm sand to send the reader to a peaceful beach, as many people miss during these last few weeks before we are let out for summer.
Simile- I used the simile "like colors pushing back and forth on one another" to give the idea of what the waves look like on the beach
Personification- Within the simile of "like colors pushing back and forth on one another", I personified the colors pushing back on each other to give the allusion of how the waves are very peaceful, yet hard and crashing as the waves are pushed onto the beach sand.
Alliteration- I alliterated the words "beach towels, bubba kegs, and bass" to give the audience the idea of the different lifestyle you have at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! Summer seems so far away but we only have 5 more weeks of school. I like your use of imagery.

    ReplyDelete