Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Participation

I would consider my participation this quarter at about 3/4. I think this because in that past years, English hasn't always been my best subject, so it doesn't always come to me as the most interesting thing. Don't get me wrong, I love to write, but at times I feel down because I'm not the best writer. I always try my hardest to be the best writer I can, but its more difficult for me than other subjects. I strive to be a writer like Nicholas Sparks or J.K. Rowling, but it doesn't always end up that way. I take notes to always see what I can improve on, and ask questions if I don't understand (even though sometimes I ask classmates instead of Dr. D), but I do need to work on staying on task, and not getting sidetracked by other things.
For second quarter, I hope that I will even more things about writing that will help me improve. I will try to stay on task more, and focus very deeply on my writing skills. I can't wait to start other pieces of writing and see what all I can do to try and be like those writers. I hope that by the end of the year I will improve immensely as a writer and a student in English.

My reading this week:
Monday- Dry September- 55 minutes
Tuesday- And of Clay we Are Created- 65 minutes
Wednesday- Harrison Bergeron- 30 minutes
Thursday- Waltz of The Fat Man- 35 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll be able to accomplish and stick with your goals. Knowing you, you're always on top of things and you give alot of effort. I hope I'll improve as a writer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if you buckle down and really focus, that your goal could be accomplished. I need to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete